The Hon Ed Husic MP
Federal Member for Chifley
Shadow Minister for Industry and Innovation
An opportunity exists to join the Office of the Shadow Minister for Industry and Innovation, Ed Husic, as Office and Diary Manager (EOB level). Position Description This position would suit a highly motivated person with office, diary, and budgetary management experience. The successful applicant will provide support to the office, acting as the primary point of contact and assisting with the management of the day to day running of the office. Key Duties:
- Management of the office budget, including submitting expenses and claims using the PEMS system on behalf of the Member.
- Organising and scheduling the Shadow Minister’s appointments, managing corresponding travel arrangements.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Member’s, using initiative and responding to and/or directing queries to the relevant parties.
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the Member.
- Support planning and finalising of agendas for meetings and travel.
- Acting as a screening point for the Member’s telephone calls, general correspondence and e-mails, highlighting priority work and responding to stakeholder and constituent enquiries.
- Providing a full range of support and assistance to the Shadow Minister, including collating a range of material from correspondence to caucus and shadow cabinet documents.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date electronic and manual filing systems which support the operational delivery of the office and are effective in storing and retrieving key data.
- Other tasks as directed by the Shadow Minister.
Essential Qualities The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Prior office experience along with experience in managing small teams;
- Strong scheduling and organisational capabilities;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask;
- Experience in managing and reporting on office budgets; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in a ministerial or parliamentary office environment
- An aptitude for public service and problem solving in challenging circumstances.
This position can be based in Canberra (preferable) or Sydney on a permanent, full-time basis.
A commencing salary of $77,926 plus an Electorate Staff Allowance (ESA) of $16,121 in compensation for any over time worked will be paid.
A probationary period of 3 months will apply.
Please submit a CV accompanied by a statement of interest to [email protected] Applications close on 5pm Friday, 20 August 2021.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement.